High-Definition Video Support
The Yamaha RX-V777 will support HDMI 2.0 and 4K Ultra HD 50 Hz/60 Hz signal pass-through to output motion-smooth high definition videos. It also supports RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2 as well as YCbCr 4:2:0 video signal for more vibrant and lifelike images. (Firmware update to support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4 and YCbCr 4:2:2).
This AV receiver's HDMI input/output supports 4K Ultra HD video image pass-through. It can perform 4K Ultra HD upscaling to boost a lower resolution image to super high-def. This ensures compatibility with the latest video formats. The latest version of HDMI supports 4K 50/60p input.
Built In Wi-Fi
Built-in Wi-Fi allows connection with your router to enjoy network audio and music streaming services. If no router is available, the Wireless Direct feature allows you to stream music directly from your smartphone or tablet via AV Controller App's Music Play feature, iOS's AirPlay etc, and control your receiver using the AV Controller app.
AV Controller App
This AV receiver lets you use the Yamaha AV Controller app to control power and volume, select input and DSP modes and operate other functions from an iPhone or Android devices. Use in 23 different languages and customise the interface by hiding unused icons and renaming functions. A tablet version is also available.
Original DSP Technology
This AV receiver is equipped with a variety of sound programmes that use DSP technology. Use the AV Controller app to adjust DSP parameters to your preference to match the type of music/movie/mood.
This AV receiver supports AirPlay, which means they can accept wireless music streaming from iPod touch, iPhone or iPad, as well as from iTunes on Macs or PCs.
Stream songs to your Yamaha system by using Spotify Connect. What's more, when you've been listening on your smartphone outside and come inside, the song immediately streams to your AVR - you enjoy uninterrupted music. You can also personalise playlists and receive phone calls while listening to music. HTC Connect™ also lets you stream music to your AV receiver wirelessly from an HTC phone.
A USB port on the front panel allows convenient connection of an iPod/iPhone/iPad, which also charges when connected. Because the digital signal is transmitted directly to the AV receiver, there is no signal loss or interference, so you enjoy the best possible sound quality. In addition, you can use the receiver's remote control unit to operate the iPod / iPhone/iPad music playback functions.
Yamaha's latest Graphical User Interface has a high resolution display with clear, easy-to-use menus and also includes a selectable Status Bar that shows input source, volume level, DSP mode and audio format. The GUI provides a choice of eight languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Chinese, and can be displayed over both normal and 3D pictures.
Pressing a SCENE button powers on the AV Receiver and selects the input source and DSP mode. You can re-set the buttons for different sources by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds.
Total Purity Concept
The Total Purity Concept encompasses high drive amp technology, high purity pre-amplification, anti-vibration technology and independent pure power supplies. Down to every detail, these AV receivers are designed with full emphasis on the highest possible sound quality. YPAO-R.S.C. analyses room acoustics and measures various speaker characteristics, then calibrates audio parameters to achieve optimum sound at any of eight listening positions. YPAO Volume applies loudness EQ correction to automatically adjust high and low frequency levels as volume changes. Using the YPAO measurement results, EQ correction is optimised to your system settings and listening environment.
Virtual CINEMA DSP
Virtual CINEMA DSP reproduces virtual 7-channel surround sound filled with realism, from only two front speakers. The Virtual CINEMA FRONT feature lets you place two surround speakers and a centre speaker at the front to enjoy virtual 7-channel surround sound with even higher quality and resolution, as well as superior rear virtual sound localisation. Adding two additional front presence speakers provides a three-dimensional sound field that gives you a feeling of its height and depth and of the vertical movement of the sound. You get more flexibility to arrange your speakers inside the room, along with easy enjoyment of high quality surround sound.
CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers 3-dimensional sound without actual use of presence speakers.
Yamaha's exclusive low-range enhancement technology delivers richer bass than you expect from the speaker size while maintaining good localisation and sound balance even with compact front speakers. When a subwoofer is used, it improves the volume of the entire low range of the speaker system, not only the front speakers, but also enhancing the bass from the subwoofer. You'll enjoy video and music with sound that has exceptional power and presence.
The Subwoofer Trim control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This will result in a cleaner, more focused sound stage while providing a seamless frequency response. Subwoofer Trim separates the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilising the front stage while providing a well-balanced enhanced bass sound.
Dialogue Lift raises the sound of dialogue from the centre speaker to a position in the centre of the screen. Newly developed virtual dialogue lift achieves dialogue lift function even without the need for presence speakers. Dialogue Level Adjustment lets you control the volume of the vocal sound, so you hear movie dialogue and music vocals at the ideal level for clear, comfortable listening.
Intelligent Amp Assign automatically assigns amplifier channels to certain speakers, depending on what functions are selected. Thanks to Intelligent Amp Assign, there's no need to switch the speaker cables on the rear of the receiver. Yamaha's new ECO mode also reduces power consumption by about 20 .
- Channel: 7.2
- Rated Output Power: (1kHz, 1ch driven) 160W (4ohms, 0.9 THD [European Model])
- Rated Output Power: (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) 95 W (8ohms, 0.09 THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power: (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA) 160W (8ohms, 10 THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel: (8/6/4/2 ohms) 130 / 170 / 195 / 240 W
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP: Yes (3D)
- DSP Programs: 17
- Dialog Level Adjustment: Yes
- Virtual Presence Speaker: Yes
- Dialogue Lift: Yes (no presence speakers required)
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP: Yes (Virtual CINEMA FRONT)
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- Pure Direct: Yes (with video on mode)
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes
- High-resolution Music Enhancer : Yes
- YPAO multi-point measurement: Yes (R.S.C)
- YPAO Volume: Yes
- Adaptive DRC: (Dynamic Range Control) Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting: Yes
- Bi-amp capability: Yes
- Audio Delay: Yes (0-500 ms)
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels: Yes (Burr-Brown)
- 4K Ultra HD Pass-through and upscaling: Yes (latest HDMI version for 4K 50/60p)
- HDMI 3D passthrough: Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel: Yes
- HDMI upscaling: Yes (Analogue to HDMI / HDMI to HDMI)
- Deep Colour/x.v.Colour/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- HDMI Input/Output: 6 (front 1) / 2 (Simultaneous)
- HDMI CEC: Yes (SCENE, Device Control)
- MHL Support: Yes
- USB Input: iPod / iPhone / iPad, USB Memory, Portable Audio Player
- Network Port Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes (with Wireless Direct)
- AirPlay: Yes
- Front AV Input: HDMI (MHL support) / USB / Composite
- DC Out: Yes
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical: 2 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial: 2 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output: 4 / 1
- Phono Input: Yes
- Component Video Input/Output: 2 / 1
- Composite Video Input/Output: 5 (front 1) / 2
- Preout: 7.2ch
- Headphone Output: 1
- On-screen display: Graphical User Interface
- SCENE: SCENE (4 sets)
- App Control: Yes (iPhone / iPad / Android phone / tablet)
- Web Browser Control: Yes
- Remote Control Unit: Yes (Preset)
- Standby Power Consumption: (IR only) ?0.15W
- Auto Power Standby: Yes
- ECO mode: Yes
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 435 x 171 x 365 mm (with antenna: 435 x 234 x 379 mm) ; 17-1/8" x 6-3/4" x 14-3/8" (with antenna: 17-1/8" x 9-1/4" x 14-7/8")
- Weight: 10.5 kg; 23.2 lbs.