Rode NTG3 Condenser Shotgun Microphone, Black
Rode NTG3 Condenser Shotgun Microphone, BlackDetails
The NTG3 is a Precision RF Bias Condenser Shotgun Microphone from Rode designed for professional use on film, TV, ENG and wherever high res broadcast audio is needed. The NTG3 has a precise yet forgiving polar pattern ensuring that whether used on-camera or on a boom pole, it captures clear audio every single time.
Product Ref: 36695View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The NTG3 is Rode's premier directional mic with superlative audio quality with a rich warm sound and a full frequency response. The mic's RF bias technology makes it almost completely resistant to moisture, ideal for recording in demanding environments where condensation might be an issue.
The NTG3 is an incredibly robust yet lightweight mic with a body made from solid brass and nickel plated with an anti-glare finish. A durable aluminium storage cylinder is supplied with the mic to provide ultimate protection for the NTG3. Because it is tightly sealed at both ends the cylinder is highly weatherproof, ideal for storage and transport.
"The audio from the NTG-3 was remarkably clear and bright, and it "popped" in the field. The NTG-3 stands out as a shotgun microphone. With its combination of clear sound, impressive technical specs and reasonable price, it's a piece of audio gear that will have a place in your kit for years to come." Videomaker
"I figured I'd put it to the test, so I ran a cable to my bathroom and cranked up the hot shower. To my surprise, the NTG-3 kept outputting clean audio, even as condensation drops began to form on the barrel of the mic itself." Professional Sound
- Designed to withstand adverse environmental conditions
- 50 less self-noise than the majority of shotgun microphones
- Extremely low handling noise
- High level of immunity to radio frequency Interference
- True Condenser (external RF biased)
- High Sensitivity
- Superior broadcast sound quality
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Active Electronics: RF Bias
- Capsule: 0.50?
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid - Picks up the front and sides and rejects 150° to the rear
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 25Ω
- Maximum SPL: 130dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1 THD into 1K? load)
- Sensitivity: -30.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (31.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 13db-A
- Power Options: P48 (44 52V min 5mA)
- Weight: 163gm
- Dimensions: 255.00mmH x 19.00mmW x 19.00mmD
- Output: 3-pin XLR Output
- Water resistant aluminium storage cylinder (RCNTG3)
- Wind shield (WSNTG3)
- Zip pouch (ZP2)
- Microphone clip (RM5)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.