Sontronics DM-1B Bass Drum Microphone
Sontronics DM-1B Bass Drum MicrophoneDetails
Designed for kick drums and other bass instruments, the Sontronics DM-1B is a sturdy condenser mic. It's been tested by the likes of Flood (U2, Killers, Arctic Monkeys), Alan Moulder and Mark Rankin.
Product Ref: 29731View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Sontronics DM-1B is a large-diaphragm, end-fire condenser microphone. It has been designed specifically to capture and reproduce the various characteristics of a kick drum. So whether that's the beater click, the heavy thump, the boomy decay and so on, this microphone gives great kick drum micing.
A Quality, Sturdy Microphone
The DM-1B possesses a switchable -15dB pad, which allows the microphone to take up to a whopping 155dB. The sturdy build of this microphone and its aluminium flightcase means you can take it to the live stage as well as the studio.
Tested by Pros and Great for Bass Instruments!
While the DM-1B is ideal for kick drums, it also gives great results for other bass instruments, especially bass guitar cabs. Flood, Alan Moulder and Mark Rankin have tested the DM-1B, along with various session drummers, live musicians and producers.
"I used Sontronics drum mics with Flood and Assault & Battery where we compared them to mics costing significantly more. We were blow away by how good they sounded." - Mark Rankin, recording & mix engineer/producer (Florence & the Machine, Plan B, Adele, Friendly Fires)
- Large-Diaphragm end-fire condenser microphone for kick drum or bass cabs.
- Covered by Sontronics' lifetime warranty.
- Supplied with its yoke-style shockmount in a sturdy aluminium flightcase.
- Road-tested by producers Flood, Alan Moulder and Mark Rankin.
- Ideal for kick drum but also gives fantastic results on other bass instruments, especially bass guitar cabs.
- Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 6 mV/Pa -45dB ± 1 dB (0 dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000 Hz)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (end-fire)
- Impedance: ≤200 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14dB (A-Weighted)
- Max SPL(for 0.5 THD @ 1,000 Hz): 155 dB (with -15 dB pad switched in)
- Power Source: Phantom power 48V ±4V
- Connector: Three-pin XLR
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.